8 week Mindfulness Course (MBLC)
Time & Location
About the Event
The Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) is based on the original 8 week mindfulness course by Jon Kabat-Zinn and is among the few courses recognised by the British Association of Mindfulness-based Approaches (BAMBA). The course has been proven to improves sleep, reduces stress, increases compassion and improves interpersonal relationships.
The course involves 8, 2 hour sessions of guided meditations, group dialogue and discussion. Between sessions participants are supported to develop personalised home practice which can continue beyond the course.
The course provides everything that is needed to create a lifelong mindfulness practice, to reduce stress and increase compassion.
Places on this course are limited to 10. There are only a few places left.
- A detailed electronic version of the course manual for support home practice and increase depth of understanding. Each week of the course a new session is added.
- Downloadable audio recordings of mindfulness practices for home practice.
- Access to the Mindfulness Association app to support you throughout the course and beyond.
- The course teacher is available throughout the course for email or phone support.
- A Mindfulness Association Certificate of completion at the end.
Why learn mindfulness with us?
- All of our previous course participants have rated us 4/5 or 5/5.
- We practice to the standards set by the Good Practice Guidelines (the standards set by British Association of Mindfulness-based Approaches).
- This in person course takes you beyond the apps and creates a supportive course community.
- Before you decide if the MBLC is right for you and if now is the right time, the course teacher will talk through the course with you. The session last about 30 minutes and is an opportunity for us to be clear about what the course involves and together decide if the course is right for you.
- Full Price: £199
- Deposit to secure place: £50
- Pay what you want: It’s a £50 deposit to secure your place on the course. You can then choose how much more you pay, (if anything).
The average mindfulness course cost is £300/350. We are offering courses at a reduced rate to support our community in these unprecedented times.
Meet our teacher:
Jay has been practicing mindfulness for over 20 years and started teaching in 2014. She is a British Association of Mindfulness Based Approaches registered mindfulness teacher and has trained with the Mindfulness Association, the Mindfulness in Schools Project, the Oxford Mindfulness Centre and Bangor University. She is a University researcher of Mindfulness Based approaches. She has a particular interest in supporting students to reduce stress and find ways to integrate mindfulness practice into their every days lives. She has taught mindfulness to NHS staff since 2014.
A non-refundable £50 deposit must be received to secure your place on the course. Refunds or deferral to a later course are only available in exceptional circumstances.
- This course is taught on a web-placed platform, zoom.
- All sessions are live and involve group discuss and one-on-one dialog as you would experience in a traditional classroom setting.
- Full price Deposit £50 or £199£50£500£0
- Full price£199£1990£0
- No obligation interview£0£00£0
- School staff£75£750£0
- Pay what you can£50£500£0
- NHS staff£75£750£0